Remove the Windshield Wiper Arm
Windshield wipers are one of the routine maintenance tasks that should be tended to annually to maintain your Chevy Cobalt in top condition. It is usually a good idea to complete these types of maintenance activities, like removing and replacing your windshield wiper blades before the really bad winter weather happens. If you do this on an annual basis, it becomes an easy task. Some other routine maintenance activities to tend to at the same time can include installing snow tires, checking antifreeze and radiator fluid and checking to see that your front and rear window defrosters are working properly.
Here’s how to remove the windshield wiper arm on the Chevy Cobalt:
1. Lift the wiper blade away from the windshield. If you simply lift the blade arm upward, it will snap into an upright position.
2. Press down the release lever and slide the old wiper blade toward the driver side. After you have completely pulled the old blade out, you can throw it away.
3. Slide the new wiper blade into place, reversing the direction from when you removed the old blade. You will hear a small “click” when the new blade is completely in place.
4. Repeat this process for the other blade.
5. Gently lower the wiper arms back into position until they snap back and rest on the windshield.